How LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® can help develop your organisation
This post gives you some initial ideas on how you can use a playful method such as LEGO SERIOUS PLAY to engage people more.
“LEGO®, seriously?” “Is it really used in the business world?” With a big smile on my face, I answer proudly “Yes, it is indeed”.
Have you ever considered using playful methodologies at work or do you feel some inner resistance to do this within a business environment?
It’s a methodology not only allowing inspiration and creativity to surface but also to strengthen intra-team connection, openness and effective communication. A stimulant to do things differently. Perhaps now is the opportunity to try it out it and experience the impact of it within your organisation.
Here are just a few of many ideas on how you can use LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® to put a smile on the face of managers, employees, board members, by challenging them to think with their hands by using LEGO® bricks :
- Organise an inspiring, creative meeting in which everyone gets equal speaking time to share ideas on a topic.
Chances are very high everyone will stay engaged throughout and new ideas will surface.
- Identify the challenges of your company and get people to think ‘outside the box’ to come up with creative solutions.
- Challenge a team to think of their needs to perform better. At the same time the team will bond in serious play. LEGO SERIOUS PLAY is a good kick-off event of any long-term programme or project. It can also be used at the end of such a programme or project to formulate team conclusions and guidelines.
- Build your organisation’s strategy for next year in 3D instead of using a traditional marker pen and whiteboard or flipchart. Make it visual! You stimulate other parts of the brain by thinking in 3D. The additional benefit is 100% involvement of all participants.
- Network with stakeholders by building and co-creating ideas to enhance efficient cooperation. You’ll be able to see things from other people’s perspective by listening to the story behind each constructed LEGO® model.
Do you dare to meet the challenge? Then it’s time to introduce LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® within your company.
As a certified LEGO SERIOUS PLAY facilitator, I help you create a program that matches your organisation’s objectives. Please feel free to contact me to set up a call appointment.