LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®
What is LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® ?
LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® is a facilitated thinking, communication and problem-solving technique for organisations, teams and individuals. It draws on extensive research from the fields of business, organisational development, psychology and learning and is based on the concept of “hand knowledge”.
The method is effective for real situations and / or complex issues that manifest themselves within organizations. It is especially useful for groups wishing to explore and create a different way of thinking and experimenting.
Benefits of the LEGO SERIOUS PLAY method
- Highly participative, equal input from participants and 100% engaging
- Use of hands in the learning process, hand knowledge connecting to our brain cells
- Through the building process things get clearer and easier to remember
- Ability to tap into people’s experience, knowledge and imagination
- An efficient process allowing to create a shared direction and a course of action in a short time span
- Break habitual thinking
Why use LEGO SERIOUS PLAY in your organisation ?
- Useful to seek solutions to a complex challenge, when
- there is no obvious solution
- no right answer
- when the manager is courageous enough to gain insights from a team
- Enables a complete picture of the current system within the organization with team roles, relationships, culture ….
- Increasing mutual understanding within a team, team-building
- To develop new ways of thinking
- For maximum involvement of participants in a constructive atmosphere
- To give everyone the same amount of talk time in a level playing field workshop where everyone can contribute freely with ideas and feelings
Ideas for workshops using this method are: team building, organisational culture, strategy development, leadership development ….
Workshops are available from 2 hours to 2 days.
Please contact me for an appointment to discuss your organisation’s learning needs to see if LEGO SERIOUS PLAY is the right approach for your organisation.
Start to be YOU is a certified service provider for training under the SME e-wallet (KMO-portefeuille). Subject to eligibility you may apply for a subsidy of up to 40% for your training from the Flemish government.