Communication with Impact – Practical information!
Experiential workshop of 1 day (see more info below) + individual coaching session
Location near Brussels shall be communicated closer to the time.
Workshop starts at 9.00 until 17.15, lunch included, welcome from 8.30
Tariff and content of the package
750 Euro * excl VAT (*eligible for KMO-portefeuille), this tariff includes:
- intake call via phone prior to the workshop
- an active course day with lots of interaction and reflection between participants
- a coaching session of 1 hour after the 1-day course/workshop to work individually on personal learning objectives
- a light sandwich lunch, refreshments included
The course will run as soon as 4 registrations are received. The maximum number in a group is 8.
* Start to be YOU is a certified provider for training under the SME e-wallet (KMO-portefeuille), which may allow you to apply for a subsidy of up to 40% from the Flemish government.
Why should you attend the course “Communication with Impact” with Start to be YOU ?
- Start to be YOU is using the experiential learning methodology, enabling participants to gain new insights with accompanying feelings and thoughts which are based on the experience in the moment.
- The course is very dynamic and it enables learning in a safe environment through the use of simulation exercises.
- The learning methodology is playful at the same time, it stimulates creativity and it is a fun way to learn.
Would you like to know why play and exploring are important in organisational development?
This course can be organised intra-company with teams, for managers, for employees who frequently interact with third parties or as a basis for team coaching or individual coaching.
What is experiential learning?
Experiential learning is based on Kolb’s experiential learning cycles (ELT)**. It offers the opportunity to learn by doing and experiencing. Instead of telling, teaching, powerpoint-ing about how things should be done, participants are completely immersed in an experience, not just mentally, but also physically and emotionally. After each exercise they reflect on the experience and connect their experiences with easy-to-understand concepts. Next they put the learning conclusions into practice which in turn will lead to new learning experiences.
“Learning is the process by which knowledge is created through the transformation of experience” (Kolb, 1984, p. 38).
Benefits of the methodology
- In a very participative way we work with exercises which offer new insights
- The exercises are a simulation of what typically happens in a working environment. They are chosen to meet the learning objectives of the programme.
- After each exercise new insights from the experience are shared during reflection moments.
- By drawing learning points based upon a here-and-now experience, the insights are much more realistic and sustainable than simply learning through knowledge transfer.
- Abstract concepts and theoretical models are explained to support the learning experience.
- The methodology meets different learning styles: for people who like active learning, those who like to reflect, for those who like to understand theoretical models and for pragmatists. Everyone’s learning styles’ needs are met.